Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do you get headaches from flavored coffees?

The ones that contain aspartame and have a phenylalanine warning. Can you taste the phenylalanine (immediately)? I don't have PKU but I get headaches from aspartame and have to refuse flavored coffee when offered (a very minor annoyance).
Answer:
I don't get headaches from flavoured coffees, but I do get them from other "sugar-free" products that use aspartame.
I think it's our bodies trying to warn us that we are putting harmful artificial chemicals into our systems.
I actually have PKU, so I don't drink things like that. What I wanted to say though is that you cannot taste Phenylalanine, it is an amino acid not a flavoring etc. I do know that alot of people tend to get headaches from aspartame though. So to answer your question, no. Nobody can taste Phenylalanine because it is not some sort of flavoring etc, it is an amino acid that is found in basically every food.
No I don't

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net