Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Doctors only..?

Is it unethical for a doctor to prescribe vitamins and herbs to patients that can only be bought from a pyramid company (like Amway) that he may profit from indirectly?This is not stuff that is bought OTC. And what can or should be done about it?
Answer:
Vitamins and herbal remedies are of unproven medical benefit, so they fall into an area of medical practice that isn't mainstream. If the doctor believes in these things, he can ethically sell them, but he must be open in his dealings. If the patient is aware that these are not standard treatment and that the doctor is making a profit from their sale, there's no reason it can't be done, but it's so far from the norm that it's baffling to me that the situation might occur. I'd certainly never do such a thing myself, and it would surprise me to see people go for it, but then I think it's nuts that GNC stores can find the business to stay open.
That's kind of a gray area. I've known a number of doctors that do it, but they do have to be VERY careful to keep their relationship with such companies or how they profit transparent to their patients. But the bottom line is...it is not illegal.
Consider filing complaint with your state's medical board
for unethical practices. If the prescribtion includes a specific
brand name ask if you can have generic instead. Consider going to another doctor
Sorry,I'm Not a MD...but I am a consumer,and I believe in patients rights
It sounds a little suspicious to me.
I know of docs that sell those sort of things as a convenience to their patients, pretty much at cost, but their patients can also go out to the local vitamin store and buy them if they choose.
You may want to contact your state's medical board and ask them. Each state is different with regard to rules and regulations. If a lot of people are complaining, action may be taken. If he is violating your state's laws, then he should be stopped.

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net