Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can you take medicine while taking or not missing your vitamins/food supplement?

I have influenza today and I need to take Biogesic as of now (afternoon). But I take my food supplement regularly (means I haven't missed any yet). Should I still take that food supplement or miss it for a while because I took a medicine? So, I need your help, miss it or continue it because that doesn't have effect whatsoever...?
Answer:
You don't say what supplement you're taking, but as a general rule, they're 99.9% crap that won't do any good or harm in the vast majority of people, so it probably makes no difference. Acetaminophen/paracetamol is extremely safe, and major interactions are few. With other medications, it's best to be more conservative, but the details would be important.
Call your pharmacist for instructions - that's what they're there for.
The flu sucks and you want to get rid of it as quickly as possible, I'm sure. I'd lean towards taking the vitamins to help your own natural immune system as much as you can. Obviously, defer to your Dr.'s or pharmacist's judgment if they advise otherwise...
YES, you can take your food supplement, it doesn't have effect.
Don't forget to rest and drink plenty of fluids.
you probably recovered by now but it is important to known what supplements you are taken, most of them if not all are just unnecessary for healthy people and will definitely not shorten your cold. I say, dump the supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net