Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coming off celexa?

anyone have experence with being on celexa and then coming off?
i was on 20 mg about 20 weeks ago. i went down to 15, then 10 then 5, and 8 weeks ago i was complatly off.
Answer:
As an RPH, I can tell you that many patients have a tough time switching from one SSRI to another. But they do better than stopping psych-drugs all together. Are you going to start a new non-SSRI drug like EffexorXR or Wellbutrin XL?
I have been on and off lexapro, no problems at all, except A little bit tired getting off and also starting. If you are going to start another Anti-Depressant I would stay away from Effexor. That was the hardest medication to get off in my life, And I Came off the right way. That is the worst medication that was ever made. They say coming off Effexor is worse than coming off heroin, cocaine ect ect. That medication should be taken off the market, it is horrible.
Wellbutrin Wasn't that bad coming off.
Lexapro and Celexa was the ones I had no trouble coming off. Some people have problems, but it all depends how you decide to ween off. I personally though think celexa is the one Anti-Depressant that didn't give me A hard time to come off.
Hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net