Saturday, October 31, 2009

Could aspirin have caused this type of reaction?

Around 3 I took some Dollar General brand head ache relief. It said on the front that it contains caffeine,acetaminophen, and asprin. About an hour later I began experiencing symtoms of a panic attack (heart racing,short-ness of breath,couldn't sit still,etc) I kept feeling this until I finally went to sleep around 9:30 and I just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I feel a little better but my heart still feels like its racing a little bit, and on top of that my headache is worse. Think I'm sensitive to caffeine or the aspirin?
Answer:
My guess would be that it was a reaction to the caffeine. The most common reaction to aspirin is stomach upset or pain, but a respiratory reaction is possible, too.
i think it's due to caffeine, since caffeine is a stimulant..so it causes an increase in heart rate and breathing. is you're already improving, just wait for the effect of the drug to wear off.
I am allergic to aspirin. It causes me to swell on one side of my body with a burning sensation. Acetaminophen and aspirin, I don't think is a good combination. You have 2 pain killers working on you and tat could have cause your heart rate/pulse to go up, also the shortness of breath. Be very careful with that because all that pain medicine at once isn't good for you. You could easily slip into a coma in your sleep or respiratory failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net